The registration deadline is Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 at 1:00 PM PST and the submission deadline is Monday, January 28th, 2019. Your full entry must be received by 1:00 pm PST.
Submissions at a Glance
1. Design Board File
2. Board Imagery/Text Files
3. Design Team Spreadsheet
4. Supplementary Documentation (optional)
5. Copy of Student ID (if applicable)
1. Design Board File (PDF document)
Entries will be judged based on one presentation board containing the elements listed under “Required Documentation” in the Competition Program document.
The Design Presentation Board must be ARCH E1 Size (30”h x 42”w) in landscape format and saved as a PDF document. Download Design Board Guideline File. This board will be printed for the jury to review. Please keep this in mind when you are designing and avoid dark backgrounds.
Do not include information about the design team on the Design Presentation Board. Do not post images of your submission to social media before winners are announced. Indication of the design team will result in disqualification.
2. All components of your board must be submitted as JPEG files if they are images, or PDFs/Microsoft Word files if they are text.
3. Design Team Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel document): Fill in the names and contact information for everyone on your project design team. Students please list your advisor. Download Design Team Form
4. Supplementary Documentation - Optional (PDF document): While it is not required, entrants are encouraged to submit supplemental documentation to elaborate on their ZNE design and the process around it. Some possible elements are listed in the Competition Program document. The PDF document should measure 8.5′′ x 11′′. Do not include information about the design team on the Supplementary Documentation. Please number the pages.
Indication of the design team will result in disqualification.
5. Student ID (if applicable): Full-time student entrants must provide a copy of their student ID. Recent graduates must have been enrolled full-time during the 2018 or 2019 calendar years and must provide official documentation of their full-time student status during those years (diploma, student ID showing date, etc.).
Submission Packet: Ensure that your submission packet contains items 1-3. Please upload all components of your board in the correct fields, (#4 optional, #5 if applicable) and upload through submit section by Monday, January 28, 2019 at 1:00 pm PST.
Please do not post any part of your design on social media before the winners are announced.
Entry FeesEntry Fee for Architects, Engineers and Designers: $275
Entry Fee for Students and Recent Grads: $0
All registration and submission materials must be received by January 28, 2019 at 1:00pm PST.
Entry fees are nonrefundable. Boards will be printed at ARC on 100% recycled material at a discounted price only available to Architecture at Zero entrants. All boards are to be submitted digitally.
- All submissions are final.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that an individual or firm may submit; however, each must be submitted separately with separate payments.
- In addition to professional firms, entries from individuals or teams are allowed and encouraged. We recommend that entrants who are employed by another company review and comply with their employer’s policies in this area prior to submitting an entry. Any public announcements or references will be to the individual or design team and not to any individual’s professional affiliation.
- All registrations including students must be received by January 10, 2019 at 1:00pm. All submissions must be received by January 28, 2019 at 1:00pm PST.