The registration deadline is Friday, September 30th at 6:00pm PST and the submission deadline is Friday, October 28th, 2016. Your full entry must be received by 1:00 pm PST.
Submissions at a Glance
1. Design Board File
2. Board Imagery/Text Files
3. Design Team Spreadsheet
4. Supplementary Documentation (optional)
5. Copy of Student ID (if applicable)
1. Design Board File (PDF document)
Entries will be judged based on one presentation board containing the elements listed under “Required Documentation”, above Download Design Board Guideline File
The Design Presentation Board must be ARCH E1 Size (30”h x 42”w) in landscape format and saved as a PDF document. The drawing dimensions may vary slightly; the design board file is a guideline.
Do not include information about the design team on the Design Presentation Board. Indication of the design team will result in disqualification.
2. All components of your board must be submitted as JPEG files if they are images, or Microsoft Word files if they are text.
3. Design Team Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel document): Fill in the names and contact information for everyone on your project design team. Download Design Team Form
4. Supplementary Documentation - Optional (PDF document): While it is not required, entrants are encouraged to submit supplemental documentation to elaborate on their ZNE design and the process around it. Some possible elements are listed above for inspiration. The PDF document should measure 8.5′′ x 11′′. Do not include information about the design team on the Supplementary Documentation.
Indication of the design team will result in disqualification.
5. Student ID (if applicable): Full-time student entrants must provide a copy of their student ID. Recent graduates must have been enrolled full-time during the 2015 or 2016 calendar years and must provide official documentation of their full-time student status during those years (diploma, student ID showing date, etc.).
Submission Packet: Ensure that your submission packet contains items 1-3 (#4 optional, #5 if applicable) and upload through submit section by Friday, October 28, 2016 at 1:00pm PST.
Entry Fee for Architects, Engineers and Designers: $275
Entry Fee for Students and Recent Grads: 0All Registration and submission materials must be received by September 30 at 1:00pm PST.
Entry fees are nonrefundable. All boards are to be submitted digitally.
- All submissions are final.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that an individual or firm may submit; however, each must be submitted separately with separate payments.
- In addition to professional firms, entries from individuals or teams are allowed and encouraged. We recommend that entrants who are employed by another company review and comply with their employer’s policies in this area prior to submitting an entry. Any public announcements or references will be to the individual or design team and not to any individual’s professional affiliation.
- All registrations including students must be received by September 30th at 6:00pm. All submissions must be received by Friday, October 28th at 1:00pm PST.